WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When setting up an account on the Site, you will be asked to provide us with your name, billing address and delivery address details, your email address, telephone number and a password. We will also require your credit/debit card details when you are placing an order.
We may collect information about you such as your name, address and contact details where you enter a competition, prize-draw or promotion that we are operating. We may also obtain information about your usage of our Site to help us develop and improve it further.
WHO MIGHT WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO?
We may disclose your information to members of our group, our employees, our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and any successors in title to our business, for the purposes listed above. We will not disclose your information to any third party outside of the group except under the following limited circumstances:
- We may disclose your personal information to carefully selected service providers and agents who operate elements of our Site and process data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution and business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services.
- From time to time we may also provide your information to carefully selected customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes, on our behalf, so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. If you consent, we or our agents, acting on our behalf, may contact you by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of the law.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Site usage in order to help us develop the Site and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- We may also share your information with auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes.
We most definitely do not sell or rent the information you provide to us to third parties and we do not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. We do not hold your credit card details: financial transactions take place directly and securely with our payment handling provider.
If you believe your details are incorrect you can amend your details by logging onto your account or contact us.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
To make our Website work, including to allow you to order and receive products from our Website, administer your account and to optimise your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways. The key purposes for which we use your information are as follows:
- to provide you with the products you have ordered: to order products, you need to register an account on our Website (which you may personalise). Your information (including name, address, phone number, email address, and financial information (such as debit or credit card details)) will be used so you can submit, and we can process and fulfil, that order.
- to communicate with you about your orders and account and provide you with customer support when needed. This may require us to provide your information to third parties including our partner boutiques from whom you are purchasing your product and our delivery partners, as further set out below
- to administer, maintain, and optimise our Website, our services and your experience: we want you to have the best experience possible when you interact with us, including using our Website, products and services and visiting Browns in-store
- to provide you with customer services: if you contact our customer services team or provide us with feedback for any reason, whether by email, phone, chat, or otherwise, we will use your information (including your name, phone number, and email address) to help us categorise the communication, respond to you, and where appropriate, investigate, and resolve any issue or incident that you may have
- to let you know the status of, or if there are any problems with, your order
- to contact you by email, post, or telephone, to ask you for feedback and comments on our services.
- to interact with you on social media platforms (see below).
- to notify you by email of our Products, promotions, competitions and special offers that may be of interest to you, unless you ask us not to.
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to a customized group of users on other websites or platforms, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way.
You may opt-out of signing up to our newsletter service by ticking the appropriate box during registration. If you are not registering for an account but you would like to receive the newsletter, you can sign up separately on our newsletter service sign up page on the Site. If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter service, or any other update to which you have subscribed you should:
- email us at email@example.com with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line or contact us by phone on 020 8752 8933
- click on "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email we send you; or
- sign in to your account on our website and update your preferences
Please allow up to 5 days for unsubscribe requests to be processed.
HOW TO TURN OFF ALL COOKIES AND CONSEQUENCES OF DOING SO
If you do not want to accept any cookies, you may be able to change your browser settings so that cookies (including those which are essential to the services requested) are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy from time to time. In case we do, we will inform you via email or through our website.